WEB 112 Final Presentation Guidelines
- Minimum 10 slides per person
- Title/Intro Page/Topic: What do you want us to know about you?
- Objective: What is your career objective?
- Biographical highlights: What about you makes you a strong candidate/employee in this field/industry?
- Résumé: Full résumé (note: this is not the English word “resume”) plus pop-ups or callouts of significant items. (See what I just did there?)
- Cover letter: Full cover letter plus pop-ups or callouts of significant items.
- References: Have a cool reference? Highlight it, like an endorsement or testimonial. Otherwise, references are generally “available upon request”
- Repeat Topic
- Paragraph and sentence structure (subject, predicate, length)
- Topic, Details, Repeat Topic, Conclusion
- Non-verbal and verbal communication
- Connection to the audience
- Preparing a trigger question
- Preparation for other audience questions
- How the presentation is created is up to you.
- Creativity and visual choices, typography, etc. will NOT be the principal part of the assessment, but will be evaluated.
Hard copy of résumé (both types, on résumé paper) Hard copy of cover letter (on résumé paper)
- It is a good idea for you to have physical copies of all these documents printed on résumé paper, but you will not be turning those materials in for a grade
- Share digital versions of above via Google Drive; include a new document with links to social media profiles (as appropriate)
- Presentation video
- “Elevator Pitch”
- Any other materials (QR codes, business cards, etc) should also be placed in that folder for evaluation
(Back to Final Project)